Volunteering means becoming part of our mission family.
For information on all of our volunteer opportunities please contact Tim O’Neill at email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities Available
- Behind the scenes prep in the Meal Ministry (Biggest need) – Volunteer hours can be as many or as few YOU want them to be between 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., all volunteer hours must be scheduled. You can schedule hours by calling Tim O’Neill at 330-453-1785 ext205.
- Duties include: Preparing lunch, preparing dinner entrées and side dishes, setting the dining room, washing dishes, plating desserts, preparing bread & butter baskets, preparing for beverage service and taking in donations.
- Meal Servers – Reserve a night and coordinate a group to serve dinner together.
- Monday – Friday from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 10:30 – 12:00 p.m.
- Duties include: Beverage service, plating food, serving food, clean-up, resetting tables for 2nd seating and doing it all over again.
- Donation organization (8:00 – 4:00 p.m. due to lighting) organizing donations upstairs: clothing, bed linens, etc.
- Host warm clothing give-away at ROH. *We will provide all the items. Volunteers to oversee the project bringing items down, organizing giveaways and manning tables during meal ministry.
- Set up a table on Sunday morning after church in your church lobby – present Refuge of Hope’s rescue mission information, an urgently needed items list OR host a canned food drive.
- Plan a behind the scenes youth project.
- Prayer Partners (Individually or with a partner) – Volunteer during a meal and make yourself available to pray one-on-one with our dinner guests and shelter residents wanting to pray with someone.
- Hold a fund raiser for ROH and purchase a piece of needed equipment for the kitchen (Example: 100 cup coffee pot, forks, and knives, cups, plates, etc.).
- Host a shelter resident’s special snack of ice cream (50 men).
- Help us build community awareness! “Like” us on Facebook and share posts with your friends. “Follow” us on LinkedIn and Instagram. Share posts with your friends’ list.
- Tour & A Meal – Bring a group in for a tour of our rescue mission and eat a meal sitting with dinner guests.
- Pray for prayer requests posted on our website.
If you would like to volunteer for Refuge of Hope, click the following link and download the application, fill it out and email it to Tim O’Neill , Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Link