Volunteering means becoming part of our mission family.
For information on all of our volunteer opportunities please contact Tim O’Neill at email@example.com
Past and current volunteers can now commit to multiple shifts at a time via Sign Up Genius. Please contact Tim O’Neill for the link and instructions.
- Volunteers in good health who would like to serve should contact Tim O’Neill at (330) 453-1785 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers will be required to wear a mask and complete a symptom check prior to every time they serve.
Volunteer Opportunities Available APPLY HERE
- Pray with dinner guests and for prayer requests posted on our website.
- Meal Servers – Individual or Group servers are a critical volunteer need. Reserve a night for yourself or coordinate a group to serve dinner together. Please note the minimum volunteer age is 15 years old.
- Individuals: Please download and complete the volunteer application and email it to Tim O’Neill, Director of Operations, at email@example.com. If you attend a local church, please indicate which church to see if they have a service group you can be added to.
- Groups of 5 or more (max 15): Please contact Tim O’Neill , Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (330) 453-1785 ext. 202.
- We provide 8 nutritious meals every week…even on holidays.
- Monday – Friday from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Duties include: Beverage service, plating food, serving food, clean-up, resetting tables for the following seating.
- Donation Organization (8:00 – 4:00 p.m.) organizing donations: clothing, bed linens, etc.
- Host a Warm Clothing Giveaway at Refuge of Hope. We will provide all the items. Volunteers oversee the project bringing items out, organizing giveaways and manning tables during meal ministry.
- Set Up a Display Table – present Refuge of Hope’s rescue mission information, an urgently needed items list OR host a canned food drive on Sunday morning after church in your church lobby or at work.
- Youth Projects – plan a behind the scenes project for younger volunteers like sock or glove drives, coloring place mats for dinner guests.
- Prayer Partners (Individually or with a partner) – Volunteer during a meal and make yourself available to pray one-on-one with our dinner guests and shelter residents wanting to pray with someone.
- Hold a Fundraiser for a specific need or general operations.
- Host a Game Night or Special Snack for shelter residents (66 men).
- Help Build Community Awareness – “Like” us on Facebook and share posts with your friends.
- Tour and a Meal – Bring a group in for a tour of our rescue mission and enjoy a meal with our dinner guests.
- Behind the Scenes Prep – Limited hours are available for Community Service and Vantage volunteers between 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. All volunteer hours must be scheduled. by calling Tim O’Neill at 330-453-1785 ext. 202.
- Duties include: Preparing lunch and dinner entrées, side dishes, setting the dining room, washing dishes, plating desserts, preparing bread & butter baskets, preparing beverage service and taking in donations.
- Large Group Project Teams – On many occasions, we need large project teams (less than 40) to help deep clean inside and out. Typically, days will occur on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
If you would like to volunteer for Refuge of Hope, click here, download the application or open in google docs to fill it out, save it, and email it to Tim O’Neill , Director of Operations, at email@example.com.