Volunteering means becoming part of our mission family.
For information on all of our volunteer opportunities please contact Tim O’Neill at email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities Available APPLY HERE
- Pray for prayer requests posted on our website.
- Meal Servers – Individual or Group servers are a critical volunteer need. Reserve a night for yourself or coordinate a group to serve dinner together. Please note the minimum volunteer age is 15 years old.
- Individuals: Please download and complete the volunteer application and email it to Tim O’Neill, Director of Operations. If you attend a local church, please indicate which church to see if they have a service group you can be added to.
- Groups of 5 or more (max 15): Please contact Tim O’Neill, Director of Operations or call (330) 453-1785 ext. 205.
- We provide 8 nutritious meals every week…even on holidays.
- Monday – Friday from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Duties include: Beverage service, plating food, serving food, clean-up, resetting tables for the following seating.
- Donation Organization (8:00 – 4:00 p.m. due to lighting) organizing donations upstairs: clothing, bed linens, etc. (No available positions at this time.)
- Host a Warm Clothing Giveaway at Refuge of Hope. We will provide all the items. Volunteers oversee the project bringing items down, organizing giveaways and manning tables during meal ministry.
- Set Up a Display Table – present Refuge of Hope’s rescue mission information, an urgently needed items list OR host a canned food drive on Sunday morning after church in your church lobby or at work.
- Youth Projects – plan a behind the scenes project for younger volunteers like sock or glove drives, coloring place mats for dinner guests.
- Prayer Partners (Individually or with a partner) – Volunteer during a meal and make yourself available to pray one-on-one with our dinner guests and shelter residents wanting to pray with someone.
- Hold a Fundraiser for a specific need or general operations.
- Host a Game Night or Special Snack for shelter residents (50 men).
- Help Build Community Awareness – “Like” us on Facebook and share posts with your friends.
- Tour and a Meal – Bring a group in for a tour of our rescue mission and enjoy a meal with our dinner guests.
- Behind the Scenes Prep – Limited hours are available for Community Service and Vantage volunteers between 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. All volunteer hours must be scheduled. by calling Tim O’Neill at 330-453-1785 ext. 205.
- Duties include: Preparing lunch and dinner entrées, side dishes, setting the dining room, washing dishes, plating desserts, preparing bread & butter baskets, preparing beverage service and taking in donations.
- Large Group Project Teams – On many occasions, we need large project teams (less than 40) to help deep clean inside and out. Typically, days will occur on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.